Prep Time 30 min
Cook Time 13 min
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Mayfield Milk
- 1/2 cup (about 2 large lemons) fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup Mayfield Sour Cream
- 1 (9-inch) prepared baked pie shell
- In 2-quart saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens (7 to 9 minutes). Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Gradually add eggs, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Let cool.
- Once cool, stir in sour cream. Pour into baked pie crust; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.